1/3 Photos of Cheesy Sun-Dried Tomato Scones
Um Safia's Note:
These cheese scones are made with sun dried tomatos which is a beautiful combination. You can also swap the tomato for black olives for something different. When cooked properly, these scones are slightly crispy on the outside and lovely and fluffy in the middle. Open them up when still warm and put butter, soft cheese etc inside or have them plain as they are just as nice! These scones freeze very well & are great for packed lunches and picnics etc.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 450 g self raising flour, plus extra for dusting surfaces
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mixed dried Italian herb seasoning
- 125 g butter, chilled
- 225 g mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 200 g sun-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 175 ml approx. milk
- 1Preheat the oven to 220c/gas7. Lightly grease 2 baking trays. Sift the flour, peppers, mustard, salt & baking powder together in a bowl. Add the mixed herbs.
- 2Cut butter in to cubes and rub in until it forms 'breadcrumbs'. Add the cheese and tomatoes and mix well.
- 3Beat the eggs in a measuring jug and add enough milk to make the quantity up to 275ml. Put 2 tbsp of milk/egg mix to one side and add the remainder to the flour mixture. Mix well to create a soft pliable dough. Add a little flour if it comes too sticky.
- 4Roll out onto a floured surface to approximately 1'' thick. Cut into 6cm rounds and place on the trays. Continue in this way until dough is finished. Brush the tops of the scones with the milk/egg mix.
- 5bake for 12-15 minutes until risen, golden and cooked all the way through.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Sun-Dried Tomato Scones
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 463.9
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 89.9 mg
- Sodium 1049.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 16.2 g