Recipe by Queenofcamping
I have been experimenting with squash recipes(we eat a lot of squash) to find one that my kids like. I made one up that was really good for us and thought I would share.
- 5 -6 summer squash
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup Mexican blend cheese (or cheese of choice)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the squash into spears about 2 inches long.
- Spray cookie sheet or baking pan with olive oil spray.
- Lay squash evenly on cookie sheet and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder(to taste).
- Cook in a 375 oven for 15 to 20 minutes then add a couple dollups of butter to the top and let melt in the oven.
- Take out and sprinkle your cheese over the top and then put back in the oven and let the cheese melt or brown as desired.
- All the seasonings are per your taste-use more or less as needed.