Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From a Kraft magazine, looks good for Thanksgiving. *Update* I did make these for Thanksgiving, and everyone loved how the stuffing was baked, and crunchy. I added some chopped white onions as well to sautee with the celery.
- 1⁄4 cup butter (half stick)
- 3⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (6 ounce) packagestove top chicken flavor stuffing mix
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup crushed walnuts
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 350. Melt butter on large skillet on medium heat. Add celery; cook and stir 5 mins or until crisp-tender. Stir in water. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Stir in stuffing mix, cranberries and walnuts. Add 1 cup of the cheese and the egg; mix lightly.
- Spoon stuffing mixture evenly into 8 greased medium muffin cups, mounding mixture as necessary to use all the stuffing mixture. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake 10 mins or until cups are heated through and cheese is melted.
I didn't get around to making these until I roasted my Christmas Turkey for a late Easter Dinner. I didn't put the cheese on top, just mixed it all in. I loved these and so did my family. The cranberries are a nice touch. An easy to make variety to a traditional meal, or a nice addition to left overs.