Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
I used my favorite lasagna cheese mixture to fill these shells. Also added some extras to a jarred sauce to give it some pizzaz. The family devoured them!
- 1 lb jumbo pasta shells
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese (I used part-skim)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated, divided
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 (24 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While water boils combine Ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, eggs, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper. Place in refrigerator.
- In medium saucepan cook garlic in olive oil once softened add stewed tomatoes. Simmer 8-10 minutes.
- Add jar of marinara sauce to saucepan.
- Cover and reduce heat to low.
- Once cooked pasta has cooled, preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Drizzle baking pan with olive oil, and ladle a small amount of sauce into bottom.
- Stuff pasta with cheese filling.
- Spoon remaining sauce over stuffed shells and top with the rest of the Mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Bake covered for 25 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 10 to 15 more minutes until cheese is lightly browned.
This was a great entree! I doubled it as I was feeding a crowd and everyone raved! Great meatless dinner! Made for PAC fall 2011