1/5 Photos of Cheesy Stuffed Shells W/ Semi-Homemade Sauce
1 hr 5 mins
I used my favorite lasagna cheese mixture to fill these shells. Also added some extras to a jarred sauce to give it some pizzaz. The family devoured them!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb jumbo pasta shells
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese (I used part-skim)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated, divided
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 (24 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 2While water boils combine Ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, eggs, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper. Place in refrigerator.
- 3In medium saucepan cook garlic in olive oil once softened add stewed tomatoes. Simmer 8-10 minutes.
- 4Add jar of marinara sauce to saucepan.
- 5Cover and reduce heat to low.
- 6Once cooked pasta has cooled, preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 7Drizzle baking pan with olive oil, and ladle a small amount of sauce into bottom.
- 8Stuff pasta with cheese filling.
- 9Spoon remaining sauce over stuffed shells and top with the rest of the Mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- 10Bake covered for 25 minutes.
- 11Uncover and bake 10 to 15 more minutes until cheese is lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Pasta Shells Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Stuffed Shells W/ Semi-Homemade Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (428 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 927.6
- Calories from Fat 343
- Total Fat 38.1 g
- Saturated Fat 18.1 g
- Cholesterol 169.8 mg
- Sodium 1379.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 102.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 20.1 g
- Protein 43.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: