Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
These potatoes will put a hurt'n on you. Very rich and cheesy.
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 ounce envelope ranch dressing mix
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- sour cream
- crumbled cooked bacon
- chopped green onion
- Line a 15x10 inch jelly roll pan with aluminum foil; lightly grease.
- Place potatoes into prepared pan.
- Bake at 400° for 1 hour or until tender; cool for 30 minutes.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise.
- Gently scoop out pulp, and leave a 1/4 inch shell.
- Transfer pulp to a mixing bowl.
- Add cream cheese, sour cream, ranch dressing mix,butter, swiss cheese, salt and pepper to taste to the mixing bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer at medium speed until well combined.
- Spoon mixture into potato shells.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- Top with sour cream, bacon, or chopped green onions if desired.
Used Parmesan cheese instead of the others. These were delicious, thanks!
mmmmm....I served this with BBQ ribs and ceaser salad. it was a pwerfect "comfort" potato. I'm not sure why but I had extra mixture so I put it on steak the next night. thank you!