Recipe by JackieOhNo!
Scrumptious Sunday Supper with just 6 ingredients! from Woman's World Magazine 9/14/04.
Top Review by I'mPat
Well we had one hiccup my original plan was to use some garlic chives from the garden and mix with 2ounces of very low fat cream cheese, for 2 serves, but the weather of the last few days took the toll on my garlic chives and so I used finely sliced spring onion (mainly green) and otherwise followed recipe, using Carisma potatoes whish are a low GI white potato, which made for a quick and easy and delicious side. Thank you JackiePhNo! made for Newest ZAAR tag game.
- 8 (8 ounce) baking potatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) container cream cheese with chives, at room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (2 oz.)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Prick potatoes all over with a fork. Microwave until tender. Let stand until cool enough to handle, 15-20 minutes.
- Horizontally cut 1/3 off tops of potatoes. Scoop potato from skins, leaving 1/4-inc-thick shells. Reserve potato and shells. Scoop potato from tops, reserving potato and discarding skins.
- Mash potatoes with cream cheese, milk, salt and pepper. Spoon mixture into reserved potato shells; microwave on medium-high until heated through, 1-2 minutes. Sprinkle with Cheddar; microwave until melted, 30-60 seconds. Sprinkle with parsley.