Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Rachel Ray -- looks fabulous!!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, thinly sliced
- 12 ounces Baby Spinach, fresh and coarsely chopped
- 2 slices cheese pizza, chopped into bite sized pieces (deep dish)
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 large portabella mushroom caps
- olive oil (for brushing)
- basil (to garnish)
- In a large, heavy skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, until softened, about 6 minutes.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes and spinach and cook until the spinach wilts, about 2 minutes.
- Add the pizza, half of the cheese, the chicken broth and basil and cook until the cheese melts, about 2 minutes.
- Season the stuffing with salt and pepper and remove from the heat.
- Using a spoon, scrape the gills from the inside of each mushroom cap and discard. Brush the top of each mushroom cap with olive oil and place upside down on a baking sheet.
- Divide the stuffing among the mushroom caps; sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake until the cheese is bubbly, 20 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven.Top with more chopped basil.