Recipe by kraez
These mushrooms are delicious! They don't get "slimy" the way so many stuffed mushrooms do, plus the recipe is super-simple and highly adaptable.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages button mushrooms, stems removed and saved
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 -4 cloves garlic, crushed in a press
- 4 -6 dashes Worcestershire sauce or 4 -6 dashes worcestershire sauce for chicken, if available
- 2⁄3 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix cream cheese, garlic, and Worcestershire by hand thoroughly. (I use a few dashes of each type of Worcestershire when I make it, so extra original flavor may be used instead - kraez).
- Finely chop mushroom stems and add to mix.
- (This is optional, but if you have time will keep mushrooms drier: Instead of washing, peel the outer layer from each cap and throw away).
- Fill each cap with mixture, sprinkle with Cheddar, and bake 15-20 minutes until cheese is completely melted.