Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe from Tops courtesy of Ragu. My family loved these meatballs. I added some salt and pepper to my meatball mix. I used 1-inch pieces of mozzarella cheese. I baked my meatballs in the oven on 350 for 30 minutes then finished them in the sauce as directed.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into 12 (1/2-inch)
- 16 ounces ragu old world style pasta sauce
- 8 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
- In medium bowl, combine ground beef, breadcrumbs and egg; shape into 12 meatballs. Press 1 cheese cube into each meatball, enclosing completely.
- In 3 quart saucepan, bring pasta sauce to a boil over medium-high heat. Gently stir in uncooked meatballs.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes or until meatballs are done. Serve.
Very tasty! I had people tell me that these were the best meatballs they'd ever had, and of course the cheese filling was great! You will need a bit more cheese though...2 ounces made for some really small pieces, and even cutting bigger cubes, I still got about 24 meatballs and used 26 ounces of spaghetti sauce.