Nana Lee's Note:
Found this recipe on Katie Burkhart's Pinterest page under Food & Drink. Hers is NOT LC but I wanted to make it LC so posted here. You can sub something for the Panko. If you have any ideas for that let me know and I'll change out the Panko. This is the direct link to the original recipe: http://www.howsweeteats.com/2011/09/cheesy-stuffed-meatball-sliders/
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2/3 cup grated romano cheese
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs (LC crumbs)
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into cubes
- 3 cups of your favorite pasta sauce
- shredded mozzarella cheese, topping
- basil, for garnish
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2In a large bowl, add ground beef, egg, oil, cheese, breadcrumbs, garlic, salt, pepper, basil and parsley.
- 3Mix to combine, gently tossing a few times with your hands. Don’t over-mix – it will result in tough meatballs!
- 4Spray a large baking dish with non-stick spray and add 2 cups of pasta sauce.
- 5Roll beef into golf ball-sized meatballs (about 3 tablespoons of beef), and press a cube of mozzarella in the middle.
- 6Seal the beef around the cheese and set in sauce.
- 7Once all meatballs have been added, sprinkle additional cheese and over top.
- 8Bake for 30-35 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through.
- 9Serve with additional sauce if desired, slider buns(oopsies), and a few slabs of mozzarella for topping.
- 10Makes about 15 meatballs.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Stuffed Meatball Sliders - Lc
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 612.3
- Calories from Fat 317
- Total Fat 35.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 173.0 mg
- Sodium 1299.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 12.1 g
- Protein 46.8 g