Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found this recipe on Katie Burkhart's Pinterest page under Food & Drink. Hers is NOT LC but I wanted to make it LC so posted here. You can sub something for the Panko. If you have any ideas for that let me know and I'll change out the Panko. This is the direct link to the original recipe: http://www.howsweeteats.com/2011/09/cheesy-stuffed-meatball-sliders/
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup grated romano cheese
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup panko breadcrumbs (LC crumbs)
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into cubes
- 3 cups of your favorite pasta sauce
- shredded mozzarella cheese, topping
- basil, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, add ground beef, egg, oil, cheese, breadcrumbs, garlic, salt, pepper, basil and parsley.
- Mix to combine, gently tossing a few times with your hands. Don’t over-mix – it will result in tough meatballs!
- Spray a large baking dish with non-stick spray and add 2 cups of pasta sauce.
- Roll beef into golf ball-sized meatballs (about 3 tablespoons of beef), and press a cube of mozzarella in the middle.
- Seal the beef around the cheese and set in sauce.
- Once all meatballs have been added, sprinkle additional cheese and over top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through.
- Serve with additional sauce if desired, slider buns(oopsies), and a few slabs of mozzarella for topping.
- Makes about 15 meatballs.