Prep 2 hrs
Cook 30 mins
One of my sisters brought this recipe home when she was in high school. A good friends mom made this recipe quite often and she loved it. My sister made it for our family and its been a favorite since. I make this dish every New Years Day, and throughout the year. It has a very creamy filling, if you like cream cheese, and are looking for something different, you will love this.
- 1 (12 ounce) box jumbo pasta shells
- 1 lb ground pork
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 12 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- For Sauce:.
- Cook ground sausage until done.
- Mix all the ingredients together and simmer for 2 hours.
- For Filling:.
- Mix softened cream cheese and eggs together, until well mixed.
- Add the parsley and stir in the mozzarella cheese, mixing well.
- Cook shells to package directions.
- Cover the bottom of a 9 by 13 pan with one cup of the sauce.
- Spoon filling into shells (you may not use all of the shells).
- Arrange stuffed shells over the sauce.
- Pour remaining sauce over the shells.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes.
- After 20 minutes baking time, top with 8 ounces of mozzarella cheese.