Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is an awesome sandwich! Serve it hot and toasty....My boys can never get enough of this!
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 teaspoons dried onion
- garlic powder
- Split the loaf of french bread and hollow (reserve to add to filling.)
- Brown ground beef with dried onion,salt pepper and garlic powder and drain.
- In large mixing bowl combine ground beef, soup, velveeta, sour cream and reserved bread.
- If mixture is too dry add a small amount of water or broth.
- Spoon mixture back into the hollowed out french bread. (I always have mixture left over -- its yummy all by itself!).
- Place top back onto bread, wrap in foil.
- Bake at 325 for about 20-30 mins until sandwich is heated through and top is crusty!
First, let me say how much I appreciated that this meal came together so quickly and easily (cheap too!). But both DH and I agreed that the taste of this was somehow "off". It filled us both up and was nice, warm and crusty and by no means tasted bad, but was just different. I think next time I'll use this same preparation method, but use the beef, BBQ sauce, onions, peppers and cheese and try it baked into the bread. Thanks for giving me something to start with Missy!
We just sort of liked this. I thought that there was way too much velveeta in the mix, but I didn't want to make too many changes the first time out. The flavor was all velveeta, so I'd cut it down to 1/4 lb the next time. It WAS very easy to make, and I liked that part of it. Made for PAC Fall 2007.
Reviewed for PAC Fall 2007 I love the idea of this recipe...I did'nt have velveeta so I used white and orange cheddar.Next time I will zip it up a little with some green chilies or some mexican flavours...thanks Missy!