Recipe by Sara 76
My kids love this! I was stuck trying to think of something to make them for dinner last week, and I came up with this, they thought it was great!
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
This was really good and easy to prepare. I used 2 large chicken breasts that I butterflied and stuffed them with aged sharp white cheddar cheese slices. We all really enjoyed it and will be making this again! Made for I Recommend Tag.
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 8 slices cheddar cheese, 1/2cm thick
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon mixed Italian herbs
- 1⁄3 cup plain flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil, for shallow frying
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut a pocket in the side of each chicken breast.
- Break the slices of cheese in half, lengthwise. Stuff the cheese in the pocket - 2 slices per breast.
- Close the pockets with toothpicks.
- Combine bread crumbs, garlic salt, and Italian herbs in a bowl.
- Toss chicken in flour, dip in egg, and coat in breadcrumb mixture.
- Shallow fry untl golden brown on each side. Bake at 180C for 10-15 minutes, on a pre-heated tray.