Recipe by weekend cooker
There are so many casseroles with bell peppers in it, this has the ingredients IN the bell pepper. A great light dinner, or an appetizer.
- 6 green bell peppers
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3⁄4 cup cooked rice
- 1 egg
- 2 (15 ounce) cans Italian stewed tomatoes, divided
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded cheddar cheese, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut off portion of tops of bell pepper, and remove seeds, and membranes.
- Place in roaster with salted water and boil.
- Cook 10 minutes so they will be only partially done.
- Drain and set aside to cool.
- In a large skillet,, brown ground beef and onion and drain. Add rice,egg, 1 can tomatoes, worcestershire and seasonings, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add 1 cup cheese and mix well.
- Stuff peppers with mixture and set upright in buttered, round baking dish(you may have to trim little slivers off bottoms of peppers so they will sit upright.).
- Pour remaining can of tomatoes over top and around peppers.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle remaining cheese on top and return to oven for 10 minutes.