Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This recipe is from "Woman's World", January 31, 2006. Excellent side dish! These are so yummy!
- 1⁄2 head garlic, cloves attached
- 6 baking potatoes
- 1 cup asiago cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°f.
- Cut off top 1/2 INCH from garlic head.
- Wrap garlic in foil.
- Prick potatoes with fork.
- Bake potatoes and garlic on baking sheet until tender, about 1 hour. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Separate garlic cloves. Pinch bottom of each clove to remove from skins; throw skins away.
- Cut slit lengthwise down center of eat potato. Scoop potato from skins, leaving 1/4-inch thick shells.
- Mash potatoes with 1/2 cup cheese, butter, oil, salt, paprika, black pepper, and garlic.
- Scoop potato mixture into shells; top with remaining cheese.
- Bake on ungreased baking sheet until cheese is melted.
mmm these potatos were soooo good! I accidently put all of the cheese in the mix, so I sprinkled some parsley and cayenne pepper on top. I used parmesan cheese. We will make these again, thanks for sharing.
Excellent recipe! These potatoes are easy to make and look and taste like you worked all day on them. I only made 2 potatoes so I adjusted the ingredients but otherwise made as posted. These would be great for a dinner party! Thanks for posting!