Recipe by TammieV
Ok, I was dying for Mac and cheese, and could not find a recipe for what I had on hand. So I created this with what I had on hand. I wanted it in a hurry so stove top it is.
Top Review by bmcnichol
This was quick and easy to make but it wasn't to my families liking. We ate it but wont be making it again. I didn't care for the blend of cheeses. I also thought it was too thick and floury.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup fresh shredded parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups cooked macaroni
Directions See How It's Made
- Start cooking the macaroni while you prepare the sauce to save time.
- Melt butter in a medium sauce pan.
- Whisk in flour.
- On medium-high heat, whisk in milk a little at a time.
- Continue to whisk til thick and bubbly.
- Do not allow to burn, turn down heat if sauce is cooking to fast to keep from burning.
- Whisk in mustard, salt and pepper.
- Reduce to medium heat, stir in cheeses.
- When melted and blended pour over cooked and drained macaroni.
- Taste, add more salt if needed.
- Mix and cook 1 or 2 minutes on medium heat.