Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is lovely as a side for almost anything. Very low-fat. Points 1.
Make and share this Cheesy Squash Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Steam squash and onion in the microwave with a little water, covered, 12 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and set aside.
- Melt margarine in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add milk, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add flour; cook until mixture is thick and bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; add cheese, salt, and pepper, stirring until cheese melts.
- Stir in squash-onion mixture.
- Spoon squash mixture into a shallow 1 1/2-quart casserole, coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.