This is lovely as a side for almost anything. Very low-fat. Points 1.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Steam squash and onion in the microwave with a little water, covered, 12 minutes or until tender.
- 3Drain and set aside.
- 4Melt margarine in a saucepan over medium heat.
- 5Add milk, stirring constantly.
- 6Gradually add flour; cook until mixture is thick and bubbly, stirring constantly.
- 7Remove from heat; add cheese, salt, and pepper, stirring until cheese melts.
- 8Stir in squash-onion mixture.
- 9Spoon squash mixture into a shallow 1 1/2-quart casserole, coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- 10Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Squash Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 76.4
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 2.8 mg
- Sodium 278.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 5.5 g