Recipe by Mille®
Sound pretty French, huh? Well, they're not. But it sounded better than "Potatoes au Gratin for Dolphins".
Top Review by Laura Sz
This was amazing! I made it without the cheese because I had way too much guilt over the heavy cream but I will tell you the flavor was still out of this world. My kids ate them up and they are picky picky picky. HIghly reccomend.
- 2 large floury potatoes
- 5 fluid ounces milk
- 5 fluid ounces heavy whipping cream
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, crushed
- salt and pepper
- 1 ounce unsalted butter
- 2 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the cream, milk and garlic in a saucepan and slowly bring to the boil.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Peel and thinly slice the potatoes (about 2 millimetres thick).
- Butter a small baking tray or ovenproof dish and season lightly with salt and pepper Arrange slices of potato over the bottom of the dish overlapping as you go, lightly seasoning each layer with salt and pepper until all the potato is used up.
- Pour the cream and milk mixture over until the potatoes are just covered.
- Press down the potatoes with something flat so that the cream covers all of the potatoes.
- Bake in a moderate oven (350°F) for about 30 minutes.
- Turn the oven down to 300°F and sprinkle the potatoes with grated cheese.
- Cook until tender for a further 15 minutes (approx).
- If the potatoes get too brown on top for your liking, cover them with aluminium foil.