Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I love things that come in bag shapes like this, the top gives me something to hold while I chomp away yum!
- 225 g fresh spinach, washed
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 large shallot, finely diced
- 25 g walnuts or 25 g pine nuts, roughly chopped
- 75 g vegetarian cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons double cream
- 1 teaspoon walnut oil
- 25 g butter, melted
- 12 sheets phyllo pastry, each measuring 16cm x 16cm
- Heat oven to 190°C
- Place spinach in a pan and stir over a high heat until wilted. Strain, squeeze out as much liquid as possible, then roughly chop.
- Heat oil in a frying pan, sauté shallot until softened. Add walnuts, then fry for 2-3 minutes Remove from heat, stir in spinach, cheese, nutmeg, cream and seasoning.
- Mix walnut oil with butter. Brush a thin coating on a piece of pastry. Place another piece on top with corners at a different angle, brush with the butter and repeat with one more piece.
- Place a spoonful of spinach mix in the centre, bring up corners of pastry and pinch in the middle to form a parcel. Repeat to make remaining parcels, then transfer to a greased baking tray.
- Brush parcels with remaining butter and oil. Bake for 20 mins until golden.