I love things that come in bag shapes like this, the top gives me something to hold while I chomp away yum!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 225 g fresh spinach, washed
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 large shallot, finely diced
- 25 g walnuts or 25 g pine nuts, roughly chopped
- 75 g vegetarian cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons double cream
- 1 teaspoon walnut oil
- 25 g butter, melted
- 12 sheets phyllo pastry, each measuring 16cm x 16cm
- 1Heat oven to 190°C
- 2Place spinach in a pan and stir over a high heat until wilted. Strain, squeeze out as much liquid as possible, then roughly chop.
- 3Heat oil in a frying pan, sauté shallot until softened. Add walnuts, then fry for 2-3 minutes Remove from heat, stir in spinach, cheese, nutmeg, cream and seasoning.
- 4Mix walnut oil with butter. Brush a thin coating on a piece of pastry. Place another piece on top with corners at a different angle, brush with the butter and repeat with one more piece.
- 5Place a spoonful of spinach mix in the centre, bring up corners of pastry and pinch in the middle to form a parcel. Repeat to make remaining parcels, then transfer to a greased baking tray.
- 6Brush parcels with remaining butter and oil. Bake for 20 mins until golden.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Spinach Parcels
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.5
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 23.6 mg
- Sodium 359.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 6.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetarian cheddar cheese