Recipe by iewe
Found online -- I like it because the tomato sauce is optional, which makes it a bit different. Full of pasta and cheese! :)
- 1 (7 ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 1⁄4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, finely chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- spaghetti sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F Cook macaroni according to package directions (or to your liking). Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in 10" skillet until sizzling; stir in onion, Italian seasoning, pepper and garlic. Cook over medium high heat, stirring constantly, until onion is softened (2 to 3 minutes). Stir in spinach.
- Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until spinach is heated through (2 to 4 minutes). Stir in cooked macaroni and all remaining ingredients except spaghetti sauce and bread crumbs.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs into buttered 3 quart casserole. Then, spoon pasta mixture into prepared casserole on top of breadcrumbs, pressing gently. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve spaghetti sauce over baked pasta, if desired.