Burgundy Damsel's Note:
From "The Great Big Butter Cookbook". Prep time is a guess.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 lb butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1To make the pastry, beat together the cream cheese and butter. Add the flour and salt; blend well. Shape into two oval discs. Wrap each disc in plastic wrap and refridgerate until firm, about 40 minute.
- 2Preheat the oven to 350*.
- 3To make the filling, in a medium bowl, combine the spinach, cheese, 1 egg and salt; mix well.
- 4On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pastry (one oval at a time) to 1/8th inch thickness. Cut into circles with a 3 inch biscuit cutter or the mouth of a wine glass. Spoon one heaping teaspoon of filling onto the center of each circle. Fold the dough in half over the filling to form a crescent; press the edges together firmly to seal.
- 5Beat the remaining egg until frothy; brush evenly over crescents.
- 6Place the crescents on an ungreased baking sheet about 1/2 inch apart. Bake for about 20 min or until golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- 7Crescents may be prepared and frozen up to 4 weeks before baking. Do not thaw before baking.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Spinach Crescents
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 448.7
- Calories from Fat 312
- Total Fat 34.7 g
- Saturated Fat 21.4 g
- Cholesterol 139.8 mg
- Sodium 477.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 12.0 g