The Moosewood cookbook inspired this recipe, from their Spinach-Rice Casserole. They make a larger dish, and use nutmeg, which I omitted. You could leave out the parsley too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Follow package directions to make 2 cups cooked brown rice.
- 2Over medium heat, cook garlic and onions with 1 1/2 tablespoons butter until soft.
- 3Add spinach, saute for 2 minutes, remove from heat.
- 4Preheat oven to 350 degrees; grease casserole dish with remaining butter.
- 5When rice is cooked, remove from heat and add contents of skillet, eggs, milk, cheese, parsley, tamari, salt and cayenne.
- 6Pour into casserole pan and spread evenly.
- 7Dust with paprika.
- 8Cover and bake 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Spinach Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (422 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 766.1
- Calories from Fat 234
- Total Fat 26.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 196.7 mg
- Sodium 813.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 107.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 27.8 g