A friend of mine made this and gave me the recipe. It is very adaptable to whatever your tastes are and can easily be made to fit your lifestyle and needs! I used rotini in this recipe but the original called for spaghetti (that didn't make sense to me). You could really use any sort of pasta you have on hand! I bought precooked chicken strips to use in the dish and it helped keep the dish speedy and tasty!
- 170.09 g rotini pasta, uncooked
- 1 egg
- 59.14 ml milk
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 170.09 g Baby Spinach, fresh and chopped
- 396.89 g artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 226.79 g grilled chicken
- 226.79 g monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 59.16 ml parmesan cheese, divided
- 4.92 ml dried onion flakes
- salt and pepper
- 1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook rotini in boiling watr for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain. Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- 2. In a 2 quart casserole dish, whisk together egg, milk and sour cream. Using a wooden spoon, stir in spinach, artichoke hearts, chicken, Monterey Jack cheese, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese and cooked rotini. Season with minced onion, salt, pepper and paprika. Top with remaining Parmesan cheese and paprika.
- 3. Cover and bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove cover and bake for another 15 minutes. Let stand 2 minutes before serving.