Recipe by TXOLDHAM
A lower fat version. This would be good as a side-dish or even for breakfast. Prep time does not include time to defrost spinach. You can probably speed defrost time up using a microwave on defrost for a minute or two.
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, i.e. Smart Balance
- 2 eggs or 1 cup egg substitute
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups 2% low-fat small-curd cottage cheese (or lower fat cottage cheese)
- 1 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion in butter or margarine until tender.
- Combine spinach and eggs and stir in cottage cheese, cheddar cheese, flour, salt and onion mixture.
- Coat a 1-1/2 quart baking with nonstick cooking spray and add mixture.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes for until set.