Prep 6 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is one of my favorite side dishes to make. Not only is it really good, but it is also quick, inexpensive and easy to make. It tastes so good, I think kids may even like it. I don't recall where I found this receipe, I think from an old cooking magazine.
- 1 (10 ounce) packagechopped spinach
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- In medium size saucepan, cook Spinach in small amount of water for 3 minutes. Drain.
- Add 4 T Butter, salt and pepper, cheese, eggs and milk. Stir. Spoon this mixture into a greased Baking dish.
- Melt remaining butter. Pour into a bowl and add bread crumbs. Sprinkle over spinach mix. This makes a rather crunchy topping.
- Bake uncovered 350F for 25-30 mins, until almost set. The mix gets slightly thicker once it is out of the oven.
quite tasty! it filled a 5x7 pyrex dish and would probly serve 4-6 people as a side dish. easy to prepare, would reccommend!