1/6 Photos of Cheesy Spinach Bake
Leggy Peggy's Note:
This dish appeals to all ages. The slices hold their shape and taste great at room temperature -- making them perfect for make-ahead dinners, lunch boxes or potlucks. When sliced in small squares, they make great finger food, too. Created for RSC#11, and definitely a dish I'll make often in the future.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups Baby Spinach, tightly packed and roughly chopped (about 4 ounces)
- 2 large shallots, peeled and finely chopped (heaped 1/2 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups gouda cheese, grated
- 2 -4 tablespoons asiago cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup artichoke heart, finely diced (no woody bits)
- 1 cup lean bacon, diced
- 1Heat oven to 350°F.
- 2In a medium-sized bowl, beat eggs lightly, then beat in sour cream and black pepper. Stir in milk and butter, and set aside.
- 3In a small bowl, sift together flour and baking powder. Stir several times and set aside.
- 4In a large bowl, combine, in order, the spinach, shallots, cheeses, artichoke hearts and bacon. Stir well after each addition.
- 5Add flour mixture and stir well.
- 6Add egg mixture and stir well.
- 7Pour into a greased 11x7 pan (I used a glass one). Note: a 10-inch pie pan also works.
- 8Bake in the pre-heated oven for 30-40 minutes, until golden on top.
- 9Let rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing.
- 10Can be served warm but is best at room temperature.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Spinach Bake
Serving Size: 1 (84 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.0
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 138.2 mg
- Sodium 280.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 7.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: