Recipe by KathleenP
Hot appetizer dip I found on a box of Velveeta cheese and made for a family reunion. I made it in a mini-crockpot and served it in the same crockwhile the crockpot was plugged in, so it stayed hot throughout the family reunion. I got LOTS of compliments and requests for the recipe.
- 1 (16 ounce) package Velveeta cheese, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 (3 ounce) package bacon, crumbles may substitute 6 slices cooked bacon crumbled or 1 (3 ounce) packagebits may substitute 6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons sour cream (I used reduced fat, but I don't suggest using fat- free, as it often has a "chalky" taste.)
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes (I used Rotel)
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir all ingredients together in mixing bowl, let sit for minimum 3 hours in refrigerate to allow flavors to blend.
- Spoon mixture into baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Transfer mixture into serving bowl.
- Serve with tortilla chips, raw vegetables or crackers.