Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Hot appetizer dip I found on a box of Velveeta cheese and made for a family reunion. I made it in a mini-crockpot and served it in the same crockwhile the crockpot was plugged in, so it stayed hot throughout the family reunion. I got LOTS of compliments and requests for the recipe.
- 1 (16 ounce) package Velveeta cheese, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 (3 ounce) package bacon, crumbles may substitute 6 slices cooked bacon crumbled or 1 (3 ounce) packagebits may substitute 6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons sour cream (I used reduced fat, but I don't suggest using fat- free, as it often has a "chalky" taste.)
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes (I used Rotel)
- Stir all ingredients together in mixing bowl, let sit for minimum 3 hours in refrigerate to allow flavors to blend.
- Spoon mixture into baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Transfer mixture into serving bowl.
- Serve with tortilla chips, raw vegetables or crackers.
I have made this it was wonderful. I did put mine in a crock pot and left on low. Had this at work was wonderful. I did add half of a block of cream cheese.