Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Forget the hot mayonnaise -- this is cheesy and luscious. People who don't like spinach-artichoke dip come back for more and more again. I've never taken it to a potluck without having to write down the recipe for someone.
- 12 ounces frozen spinach, thawed with all the water stomped out
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup marinated artichoke, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese (can be omitted, dip will be stiffer and will probably have to be spread with a knife) (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup pre-shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- garlic powder
- black pepper
- Mix all ingredients in a microwavable dish.
- Heat in short bursts, stirring frequently.
- Serve hot with veggies, crackers, bagels, what have you.
- This keeps well in the fridge so you can make it ahead. Just reheat when ready to eat.
Much better than the hot mayo kind! Ooey gooey cheesy yummy. It was very easy to make. I added extra artichokes and used lowfat cottage cheese instead of ricotta. Thanks for the recipe!
OK, but not great. I added 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes, 2 diced cloves garlic, and about 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese to get this to be what I wanted.
I have been looking for a spinach artichoke dip that is similar to the one I enjoy at a local restaurant and up until now had no luck. This was a great recipe that I really enjoyed, and will be making again real soon. I didnt change a thing from the recipe-- it was great as is. I love the fact the recipe doesnt include mayo-- for some reason the idea of cooking mayo just doesnt appeal to me. Thank you for satisifying a craving and saving me a trip to that local restaurant :)