This is a nice twist on an old favorite by adding spinach and fresh mushrooms.
Make and share this Cheesy Spinach and Mushroom Manicotti recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 ounces spinach, thawed and well drained (frozen chopped)
- 15 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese
- 6 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 6 ounces provolone cheese, cut into very small pieces (shredded)
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded (divided)
- 1 egg
- 8 ounces manicotti, cooked al dente' and drained (14 count)
- 16 ounces spaghetti sauce (with meat)
- Preheat oven to 350°F Spray a 9x13 pan with nonstick cooking spray (or using additional sauce, lightly spread some sauce on the bottom of the pan). Set aside.
- Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Add mushrooms and garlic; cook 5 minutes on medium heat, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, mix thoroughly the mushroom mixture, spinach, ricotta cheese, provolone, cream cheese, half of Parmesan cheese, and the eggs.
- Spoon (or use a pastry bag with a large tip) about 2 tbsp of filling mixture into the manicotti shells and then place them into the 9x13 pan.
- Drizzle remaining sauce over top. Top with remaining Parmesan cheese and bake 55 minutes or until heated through.