Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Finally, a way to get even your pickiest eaters to eat their spinach! This is a filling and quick casserole that can easily be made low fat if you use ground turkey and low-fat cheese. Serve with a green salad and some french bread and dinner is served!
- In a large wok or frying pan heat oil and cook onion and garlic in a small amount of oil until transparent.
- Add spinach and cook until wilted. Set aside.
- Brown ground beef and season with garlic salt, salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Combine cooked pasta, spinach, ground beef, cheese (amount to your preference, my family likes it cheesy!) and soup.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place in a large baking dish, cover in a layer of shredded cheese.
- Cover with tin foil and place in a 350°F oven for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and place back in oven for another 10 minutes.
This is a great way to get your family to eat their spinach. This casserole is awesome! I used a lot of cheddar cheese in mine and it turned out great. Thanks for a wonderful recipe!
This was the perfect recipe for me. It's easy, it's fast and it's oh, so delicious. My husband LOVED it - which is huge as he can be rather hard to please. Thank you for this GREAT recipe.
Excellent dish! Will definitely add it to our "keeper" file. I did not know what box size pasta to use. I cooked up 16 oz. and ended up using half in the recipe. I used a bag of already cleaned spinach.