Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A quick easy side dish that could go with just about anything. I made this last night and it turned into a stove top dish instead of a casserole. My husband ate two big helpings of this and requested that I make it again asap!
- 2 (10 ounce) boxes frozen spinach
- 1 (8 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1⁄2 cup shredded 2% cheddar cheese
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms (more or less depending on your taste)
- 0.5 (8 ounce) can artichokes
- 3 garlic cloves (more or less depending on your taste)
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon light butter (I use Smart Balance)
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 of a chicken bouillon cube
- salt (if needed after the bouillon cube)
- Microwave the two boxes of spinach in the microwave according to the package.
- While the spinach is cooking sauté the garlic, onions, and mushrooms in the butter and the chicken bouillon cube. When the onions start to soften, Add the wine and let it simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the thawed spinach to the pan along with the cheddar cheese soup, Artichokes, and the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Turn down to medium to low heat and let simmer until the mushroom are at the softness you prefer and the cheese is all melted.
- The next time I try this, I'm going to substitute goat cheese and make it a little creamy!
- I hope you enjoy it as much as my husband and I did :).
- ETA: I made this again last night and left out the shredded cheese all together to cut down on the calories and fat -- It was still awesome!