Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I like this recipe, I for some reason found 4 cheesy spinach recipe cards in my box however this card was well loved, smeared and bent compared to the others LOL
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs (Whole wheat or white)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons instant minced onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- In Skillet, saute bread crumbs in butter until golden brown; remove from heat, stir in parmesan cheese, set aside to keep warm.
- Cook spinach as per directions on package omiting the salt in a saucepan.Drain.
- Return spinach to saucepan. Add eggs, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, onion, salt, and pepper mixing well. Cook over medium heat stirring until the cheese is melted and mixture thickens.
- Turn into heated serving dish; sprinkle bread crumbs over top.
- Serve Immediately.
hello kzbhansen, delicious! we have been testing spinach recipes for the menu here at the "home" and this one is high up the ladder. Instead of minced onions we used "real" onions and grated them, used matzo meal instead of breadcrumbs and only used 1/2 the amount, & added a pinch red pepper flakes. Thank you for sharing such a great recipe, Diane :=)
This has a lot of good things going for it. It is a pretty casserole, easy to prepare, has a nice texture and terrific ingredients. However I found it to be missing some small something that would elevate it to a company dish. I do plan to play with the seasonings a bit as it has so many possibilities. Thank you for posting your recipe!!!
Who knew a box of frozen spinach could turn into something so sinfully delicious! I used 1/8 c. of fresh onion instead of the 1 1/2 tsp intant....I cooked it w/ the spinach. My kids gobbled it up! (My kids DO eat anything, but I'm very sure that you could get ANY kid to like this.) My only question is the amount of breadcrumbs.....seems way too much. I only used half of the crumb mixture. I will be making this often (I'll need to triple the recipe, though), and just cut the crumb mixture ingredients in half. Thanx for posting this recipe!