Recipe by kzbhansen
I like this recipe, I for some reason found 4 cheesy spinach recipe cards in my box however this card was well loved, smeared and bent compared to the others LOL
Top Review by Manami
hello kzbhansen, delicious! we have been testing spinach recipes for the menu here at the "home" and this one is high up the ladder. Instead of minced onions we used "real" onions and grated them, used matzo meal instead of breadcrumbs and only used 1/2 the amount, & added a pinch red pepper flakes. Thank you for sharing such a great recipe, Diane :=)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs (Whole wheat or white)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons instant minced onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In Skillet, saute bread crumbs in butter until golden brown; remove from heat, stir in parmesan cheese, set aside to keep warm.
- Cook spinach as per directions on package omiting the salt in a saucepan.Drain.
- Return spinach to saucepan. Add eggs, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, onion, salt, and pepper mixing well. Cook over medium heat stirring until the cheese is melted and mixture thickens.
- Turn into heated serving dish; sprinkle bread crumbs over top.
- Serve Immediately.