Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
An easy, cheesy treat - great for a Halloween party!
Make and share this Cheesy Spider recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (250 g) package cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup poppy seed
- 2 sliced ripe olives
- Combine cream cheese& cheddar cheese.
- Shape half the mixture into a ball to make the spider body.
- Shape remaining mixture into legs and join to body.
- Sprinkle with poppy seeds and decorate with olives to make a face.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve with crackers and grapes.
I made this using non-fat cream cheese and extra sharp (normal fat) cheddar. I added onion and garlic powder as well as some pepper to give it more zing. To make the spider, I made all of it into a blob in the middle of a plate and carefully rolled it in the poppy seeds until it was pretty well coated. For spider legs, I cut slices of red pepper crossways and used half a ring for each leg (4 rings=8 legs). I used some pimento-stuffed olives with pimentos removed to make little feet at the ends of the legs. I used additional slivers of pepper for antennae, and then I made two indentations for eyes into which I stuffed 2 pimento olives, so he had eyes with eyeballs. He was well received (sorry no pics!).
a nice simple cheesy snack. made for halloween at work and everyone loved it. have made it again and added a small can of roasted chili's. thank you for the inspiration!