Prep 3 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a yummy, easy, savory recipe for cornbread! It's also really good with a can of drained corn, but I have to omit for DH's sake. I like to add a bit of salt because the jiffy mix is a little sweet. I also add 2 tablespoons of flour since I live at high altitude. I've made this different ways, using red onions or green onions, both ways were delish...go with what you like best! Note: If mixture is too dry, just add a splash of milk to moisten. Recipe updated to include milk.
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) box Jiffy cornbread mix
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel, drained well (i squeeze out in paper towel)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup onions (optional) or 1⁄4 cup green onion, finely diced (optional)
- Combine all ingredients. Mix well.
- Pour into a greased 8x8 casserole dish or a greased muffin tin (I prefer mini muffins).
- Bake 375 degress 15-20 minutes or until cornbread is golden brown.
This recipe is great! I used a can of extra hot rotel and it was definitely on the spicy side, I will definitely tone it down next time. I also used mini muffin cups and they came out nice and crispy. I will certainly make these again. Thanks KPD!