Marty J's Note:
Prepare this dish in either the stove or the microwave - either way, your family will be asking for it again soon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 1 (12 ounce) can Spam, classic diced
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 cayenne pepper, dash
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 lb processed sharp American cheese, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain.
- 2In lightly-greased 2-quart casserole, combine SPAM® Classic with macaroni.
- 3In medium saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Blend in flour, salt, mustard, pepper and cayenne until smooth. Stir in milk; cook over medium heat, stirring until mixture thickens and boils. Add cheese; cook, stirring until cheese is melted. Pour over SPAM® Classic mixture; mix well.
- 4Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter; combine with bread crumbs and paprika. Sprinkle over macaroni.
- 5Bake in 400°F oven 20 to 25 minutes.
- 6Microwave directions: Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- 7In 4-cup measure, stir together flour, salt, mustard, pepper and cayenne; slowly mix in milk until smooth. Add 1 tablespoon butter and cheese.
- 8Microwave 4 minutes. Stir until smooth; microwave 3 minutes more. Beat until smooth.
- 9Combine SPAM® and macaroni in casserole; mix sauce into macaroni.
- 10In 2-cup measure, combine 1 tablespoon butter, bread crumbs and paprika. Microwave 1 minute.
- 12Microwave casserole 3 minutes.
- 13Stir; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture; microwave 2 minutes more.
- 14Cover and let stand 3 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Spam and Macaroni Bake
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 862.9
- Calories from Fat 438
- Total Fat 48.7 g
- Saturated Fat 23.7 g
- Cholesterol 127.4 mg
- Sodium 2046.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 36.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: