Recipe by ~Leslie~
Spaghetti Squash is a delicious vegetable that tends to be a little on the "unknown" side. This recipe is one that my husband loves, because it has some meat in it, we eat this as a meal! Enjoy!
Top Review by heatherhopecs
Wow. I really liked this... a lot. I took the casing off six turkey italian sausages and browned/crumbled the meat, then added about 4 cups of shredded fresh spinach before adding the rest of the ingredients. I also added a dash of crushed red pepper. To make the entire thing faster to cook, I used my foolproof microwave method of cooking the squash: cut in half the long way, scoop out the seeds, add water to the bottom half, put the top half back on the bottom half, and cook for 10-15 mins. Voila, perfect squash w/o having to heat up the oven.<br/><br/>Thanks for sharing this recipe, I will make it often as part of my Primal nutritional lifestyle.
- 2 lbs spaghetti squash (One Large)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- olive oil
- 4 Italian sausages, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the squash in half and carefully remove the seeds.
- Be sure to cut around the edge so you don't cut into the squash itself.
- Turn halves upside down in a baking pan.
- Bake at 375-degrees for approx 45 minutes, or until the inside is soft.
- Let cool and carefully remove inside of squash with fork or spoon.
- It will look a lot like cooked spaghetti and come out in strands.
- Heat some olive oil in a skillet.
- Add the spaghetti squash strands, garlic and crumbled sausage.
- Cook on med until for approx 5 minutes.
- Add milk and cook until heated through and liquid is absorbed.
- Transfer to a warm bowl and toss with cheeses until mixed.
- Top with salt and pepper to taste.