This is a simply delicious joiner to any meal. Perfect to take to family gatherings, as well. Will be the hit of the night. People will be asking you for the recipe!!! All I can say to describe it is DELICIOUS!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix both cans of corn and 1 1/2 cup of cheese in a casserole dish.and the milk
- Break spaghetti into 1/4's and mix into mixture.
- Gently pat down so no spaghetti noodles are poking out.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over mixture.
- Pour margarine over mixture in a circular motion.
- Put foil over the top and put in oven for 1 hour.
- Take out of oven and stir.
I originally got this recipe from my boyfriend's mom awhile back and I LOVE IT!! However, the recipe she gave me substituted 1 cup of velveeta in place of the cheddar and it gives it more of a creamy, smooth consistancy. At first I was a bit reluctant since the recipe sounds a bit different. But I'm glad I did because now it will be passed on for generations. You must try this--if not, your tastebuds will never forgive you!
Different, yet strangely tasty. This sidedish was an interesting combination of textures and tastes that I never would have thought up. I took a previous suggestion and added in 1 cup milk...I may add up to 1/2 cup more next time; it seemed like the casserole dried out in the oven. Very easy. Definately stir halfway through to let all the spaghetti have time to cook. Thanks for posting.!
My family thought this recipe had a good blend of savory and sweet flavors. I used bowtie pasta, one can of creamed corn, two ears of fresh corn, some chopped baby asparagus, sharp cheddar, and 1 1/2 cups of milk. I also baked it for thirty minutes with the foil on and thirty minutes with the foil off. It was a nice main dish for a meatless meal! :)