Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This casserole is so yummy, with the addition of all that cheese....how could you go wrong!(note: plan ahead, this casserole needs to sit in the fridge for a couple of hours, or overnight)
- 680.38 g lean ground beef
- 14.79-29.58 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 1-2 clove fresh minced garlic (optional)
- 2 (453.59 g) can tomato sauce (seasoned or plain)
- salt and pepper
- 236.59 ml cream-style cottage cheese
- 226.79 g package cream cheese
- 59.14 ml sour cream
- 78.07 ml chopped scallions or 78.07 ml green onion
- 29.58 ml green peppers, chopped
- 198.44 g package spaghetti, cooked and tossed with oil
- 29.58-44.37 ml butter, melted
- 236.59-473.18 ml grated mozzarella cheese (optional)
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 2-qt casserole dish.
- Brown ground beef with 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, (and garlic, if using); drain off any fat.
- Add tomato sauce, salt and pepper, cook and simmer over med-low heat for 25-30 mins; remove from heat.
- In a separate bowl, combine cottage cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, onions and green pepper.
- Spread half of the cooked and drained spaghetti in prepared casserole dish.
- Cover with the cheese mixture.
- Add remaining spaghetti, and drizzle the melted butter on top.
- Spread the tomato/meat sauce over the top of the spaghetti.
- Chill in the fridge for 2 hours, or overnight, to blend the flavors.
- Remove from the fridge 20 mins before baking.
- Bake for 45 mins, or until hot and bubbly.
- If desired top with 1-2 cups grated mozzeralla cheese the last 15 mins of baking.