Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This casserole is so yummy, with the addition of all that cheese....how could you go wrong!(note: plan ahead, this casserole needs to sit in the fridge for a couple of hours, or overnight)
Top Review by strawberryjane
this was wonderful, very moist..reminded me of lasanga(is that spelled wrong? hehe)...I think it would be good with black olives and mushrooms also, but I made it exactly as directed..My family really enjoyed this, will be making again...strawberryjane
- 680.38 g lean ground beef
- 14.79-29.58 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 1-2 clove fresh minced garlic (optional)
- 2 (453.59 g) can tomato sauce (seasoned or plain)
- salt and pepper
- 236.59 ml cream-style cottage cheese
- 226.79 g package cream cheese
- 59.14 ml sour cream
- 78.07 ml chopped scallions or 78.07 ml green onion
- 29.58 ml green peppers, chopped
- 198.44 g package spaghetti, cooked and tossed with oil
- 29.58-44.37 ml butter, melted
- 236.59-473.18 ml grated mozzarella cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 2-qt casserole dish.
- Brown ground beef with 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, (and garlic, if using); drain off any fat.
- Add tomato sauce, salt and pepper, cook and simmer over med-low heat for 25-30 mins; remove from heat.
- In a separate bowl, combine cottage cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, onions and green pepper.
- Spread half of the cooked and drained spaghetti in prepared casserole dish.
- Cover with the cheese mixture.
- Add remaining spaghetti, and drizzle the melted butter on top.
- Spread the tomato/meat sauce over the top of the spaghetti.
- Chill in the fridge for 2 hours, or overnight, to blend the flavors.
- Remove from the fridge 20 mins before baking.
- Bake for 45 mins, or until hot and bubbly.
- If desired top with 1-2 cups grated mozzeralla cheese the last 15 mins of baking.