1 hr 15 mins
This casserole is so yummy, with the addition of all that cheese....how could you go wrong!(note: plan ahead, this casserole needs to sit in the fridge for a couple of hours, or overnight)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 -2 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 -2 clove fresh minced garlic (optional)
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce (seasoned or plain)
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup cream-style cottage cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup chopped scallions or 1/3 cup green onion
- 2 tablespoons green peppers, chopped
- 1 (7 ounce) package spaghetti, cooked and tossed with oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 -2 cup grated mozzarella cheese (optional)
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease a 2-qt casserole dish.
- 3Brown ground beef with 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, (and garlic, if using); drain off any fat.
- 4Add tomato sauce, salt and pepper, cook and simmer over med-low heat for 25-30 mins; remove from heat.
- 5In a separate bowl, combine cottage cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, onions and green pepper.
- 6Spread half of the cooked and drained spaghetti in prepared casserole dish.
- 7Cover with the cheese mixture.
- 8Add remaining spaghetti, and drizzle the melted butter on top.
- 9Spread the tomato/meat sauce over the top of the spaghetti.
- 10Chill in the fridge for 2 hours, or overnight, to blend the flavors.
- 11Remove from the fridge 20 mins before baking.
- 12Bake for 45 mins, or until hot and bubbly.
- 13If desired top with 1-2 cups grated mozzeralla cheese the last 15 mins of baking.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Spaghetti Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 575.7
- Calories from Fat 296
- Total Fat 32.8 g
- Saturated Fat 17.8 g
- Cholesterol 135.6 mg
- Sodium 775.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 36.0 g