Recipe by *Parsley*
This is one of my mom's recipes that my brother and I LOVED. Nothing too fancy. It's a simple kid-pleaser that adults like too. I haven't made this in ages, but she still makes it for my dad (and my single brother makes sure he stops by that night). ;)
Top Review by ocdbaker
My husband really liked this dish, he said he could eat it every day! I liked it, I thought it needed more spices, so next time I think I'll add some garlic and a touch of red pepper flakes. I would definitely make this exact recipe for my nieces though. It is very kid friendly. I used ground white turkey breast, skim evaporated milk, reduced fat parm. cheese and reduced fat mozzarella cheese to reduce some of the calories/fat.
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 16 ounces spaghetti sauce
- salt, if needed to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, DIVIDED
- 1 teaspoon oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease a 13x9-inch baking dish; set aside.
- Boil spaghetti noodles to al dente according to package; drain.
- While spaghetti is boiling, brown the ground beef with the onion; drain and return to skillet. Add the spaghetti sauce to the meat in the skillet.
- Add the hot cooked, drained spaghetti to the skillet; stir well. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- In a saucepan, melt butter; add the flour, stirring constantly to make a roux. Slowly whisk in the evaporated milk.
- Turn heat to low and stir in the parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup only of the mozzarella. stir constantly until melted and smooth.
- Pour the cheese mixture evenly over the spaghetti in the 13 x 9 dish.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup of parmesan cheese and then the oregano.
- Bake; uncovered, for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and starting to brown on top.