Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. This easy breezy duo of potatoes recipe will please any crowd. They were gone in seconds! Make sure to make double batches and pass the recipe around!
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook bacon, cool, and crumble. To a 12-cup muffin pan, add equal amounts of bacon grease to each muffin cup.
- To a medium bowl, add the hash browns and gently blend in 1 1/2 cups of the shredded cheese. Press about 2 tablespoons of the hash brown and cheese mixture into each muffin cup. Bake in oven for 18 - 20 minutes or edges are crispy.
- While hash brown cups bake, peel film at corner of mashed potatoes and heat on high for 3 minutes in microwave. Remove from microwave and stir.
- Remove hash brown cups from the oven. Spoon in equal amounts of mashed potatoes. Top with equal amounts of remaining cheese and place under broiler for 5 minutes or bake in the oven until cheese is melted.
- Top each cup with green onions and bacon and serve. Enjoy!