I found this recipe in a Taste of Home magazine. I made it twice so far and it was a hit at two parties. I'm sure you could use the same method with any shape of loaf, or only slice the loaf crosswise and stuff the slots.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Make approximately 1 inch slices across the loaf, not quite all the way through the bottom.
- 2Turn the loaf and slice 1 inch slices across the other way, so that you have cut 1 inch squares. At this point, it should look kind of like a "blooming onion".
- 3Melt the butter and stir in the lemon juice, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, celery salt and cayenne pepper.
- 4Pour the mixture all over the loaf, especially in between the cuts.
- 5Stuff the cheese between the cuts in the bread.
- 6Wrap loaf in foil.
- 7Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes.
- 8Open the foil and continue to bake for another 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted and lightly browned.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Sourdough Party Bread
Serving Size: 1 (31 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 127.8
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 32.4 mg
- Sodium 171.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
round sourdough loaf