Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from "The Mississippi Cookbook." Recipe submitted by Mrs. Thomas Pearson of West Point, MS.
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Combine pancake mix, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper.
- Beat in cheese, mayonnaise, and milk.
- Shape into 30 small balls.
- Roll each ball in chopped parsley.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheet in preheated 375 degree oven 8 to 10 minutes.
These are great for little snacks. I made them for an office party, and all I had left to take home was an empty dish, so they must have been good. They were easy to make. I added some parmesan cheese with the cheddar, and I completely omitted the parsley. I used a scoop to put them on the pan, instead of rolling them into a ball. After they were done baking, I drizzled them with some melted butter. I was skeptical about the pancake mix, but it turned out fine, the slight sweet from the pancake mix worked well with the spicy of the cayenne pepper.