A fun twist on pizza.
Make and share this Cheesy Sloppy Joe Pizza recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat, add beef and cook, breaking up, for 5-10 minutes. Until no longer pink. Drain off fat.
- Stir in yellow onion and peppers. cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomato sauce, salt and pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place 1 pizza crust on baking sheet, spread half of the meat sauce over crust.
- sprinkle 1/2 of the green onion and 1/2 the cheese over top.
- Bake for 20 - 25 mins, or until cheese is bubbly and golden.
- Repeat with other crust.
This was good but I think I'd like it even better with my usual sloppy joe recipe. I used Iron Mike's Sweet Tomato Pizza Sauce - the Spirit of Cincinnati for the tomato sauce and red pepper not green. I couldn't find 10-inch crusts, only 12-inch, so used those (and I thought the size was perfect). Otherwise, didn't change a thing (except to add a little extra cheese). Thanks for the recipe!