Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found this recipe on grouprecipes.com to replace the Tuna Helper - Cheesy Pasta box dinner. It's supposed to be a take on "Campbell's "Tuna & Pasta Cheddar Melt."
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup frozen sweet peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons Italian bread, crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Heat broth to a boil in skillet. Add noodles and cook until just tender, stirring often. The broth will be almost gone. Do not drain.
- Stir in soup, milk, tuna, and cheese until incorporated.
- Once cheese is melted, add peas and heat through.
- Mix bread crumbs with butter. Sprinkle on top and heat another 5 minutes.
I was looking for something quick and easy for dinner and this fit the bill. I used a 12 ounce can of tuna and didn't add the bread crumbs and butter. I thought the sauce was a bit thin but after it sat for a bit it thicken up. I added a good bit of pepper. This was good but we found it a bit salty. I guess that was because of the chicken broth as I didn't add any salt.