Recipe by Becky Lo
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. Marsala infused steak and mushrooms topped with creamy and cheesy mashed potatoes!
Top Review by delizabeth777
I love steak marsala and creamy mashed potatoes! This dish baked like a casserole was addictive. Its hard to stop eating! Very easy weeknight meal but tasty enough anytime. My whole family loved it and wanted more!
- 680.38 g Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 354.88 ml grated chef's 6-cheese Italian cheese blend
- 453.59 g fully cooked frozen seasoned steak strips, thawed
- 226.79 g sliced portabella mushrooms
- 354.88 ml marsala wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the mashed potatoes for 3 minutes. Stir in half cup of the Chef's Blend cheese and set aside. Spray a large skillet with cooking spray. Add the steak, and mushrooms; cook at medium high heat for 1 minute. Cut any large piece of steak to bite size pieces. Add the Marsala wine and continue to cook on medium high heat until most of wine is absorbed, approximately 12 minutes. Do not cook all wine out, leave about half a cup of juices. Remove from heat. Layer half of steak and mushrooms, then half of the potatoes and half of the remaining cheese in a prepared 2 quart souffle baking dish. Repeat layers. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 25 to 30 minutes or until desired browness of cheese.