Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Everyday with Rachael Ray. OAMC - makes 3 4-serving meals
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 (2 lb) bagsfrozen raw shrimp, thawed and tails removed (31 to 40 per pound)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- salt and pepper
- 1 lemon, halved
- 3 chipotle chiles in adobo, plus
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 12 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 lb gouda cheese, shredded
- In a large, deep skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Increase the heat to high and cook, stirring often, until the shrimp are just opaque, about 4 minutes. Squeeze the lemon halves over the shrimp.
- In a small bowl, mash the chipotles with the adobo sauce. Spread the paste in a thin layer on each tortilla.
- Cover half of each tortilla with a single layer of shrimp. Sprinkle the cheese over the shrimp; fold the tortillas in half.
- Cook one meal now: In a large nonstick skillet, working in 2 batches, cook 2 quesadillas, cheese side down, over medium-high heat until golden, about 2 minutes on each side. Cut into wedges.
- Freeze two meals for later: Wrap each quesadilla in foil and stack 4 each into 2 resealable 1-gallon freezer bags; seal, label and freeze.